Measure A is officially on the May 2, 2017 ballot!
To help inform our community on Measure A, we have created a page on this site specifically for information on this revenue measure intended to fund road improvements and other Saddle Creek CSD services into the future. Click here to view the Measure A information page; and updates are posted often.
On December 20, 2016, the Saddle Creek CSD Board of Directors adopted a Resolution that places Measure A on the ballot for the May 2, 2017 election. May 2 is an all-mail ballot election to be conducted by the Calaveras County Elections Department. All voters registered in Calaveras County, within the Saddle Creek CSD will receive a ballot and are eligible to vote on Measure A. The full text of the Board’s Resolution can be downloaded below by clicking on the following: Special Tax Resolution.
If approved, the Measure A Special Tax will replace the existing special tax originally approved in the year 2000. If Measure A is not approved, the existing tax will remain in place.
The Measure A tax revenue, if approved must only be spent on the specific items listed below:
(1) Pavement condition improvement and maintenance of all District roadways,
(2) Maintenance and improvement of those storm drain facilities dedicated to and accepted by the District or otherwise owned by the District,
(3) Operations and maintenance of District-owned lighting for streets and pathways,
(4) Operating the District-owned privacy gates located at the entrances to Saddle Creek,
(5) Operating the communication system to maintain contact with the internal and external public safety personnel,
(6) Monitoring, controlling and registering guests that are invitees of District customers and other visitors within the District,
(7) Weed and Mosquito Abatement,
(8) Landscape maintenance of ponds, wetland areas and related features and appurtenances,
(9) Maintenance and replacement of landscaping along and within the roads owned by the District,
(10) Ordinary maintenance of park facilities,
(11) Purchase, repair, replacement and maintenance of the vehicles, tools and equipment to support District services,
(12) Administrative services, including but not limited to staffing, consultants, legal fees and insurance