Welcome to the Saddle Creek Community Services District Website.
Measure A is officially on the May 2, 2017 ballot!
To help inform our community on Measure A, we have created a page on this site specifically for information on this revenue measure intended to fund road improvements and other Saddle Creek CSD services into the future. Click here to view the Measure A information page; and updates are posted often.
On December 20, 2016, the Saddle Creek CSD Board of Directors adopted a Resolution that places Measure A on the ballot for the May 2, 2017 election. May 2 is an all-mail ballot election to be conducted by the Calaveras County Elections Department. All voters registered in Calaveras County, within the Saddle Creek CSD will receive a ballot and are eligible to vote on Measure A. The full text of the Board’s Resolution can be downloaded below by clicking on the following: Special Tax Resolution.
If approved, the Measure A Special Tax will replace the existing special tax originally approved in the year 2000. If Measure A is not approved, the existing tax will remain in place.
The Measure A tax revenue, if approved must only be spent on the specific items listed below:
(1) Pavement condition improvement and maintenance of all District roadways,
(2) Maintenance and improvement of those storm drain facilities dedicated to and accepted by the District or otherwise owned by the District,
(3) Operations and maintenance of District-owned lighting for streets and pathways,
(4) Operating the District-owned privacy gates located at the entrances to Saddle Creek,
(5) Operating the communication system to maintain contact with the internal and external public safety personnel,
(6) Monitoring, controlling and registering guests that are invitees of District customers and other visitors within the District,
(7) Weed and Mosquito Abatement,
(8) Landscape maintenance of ponds, wetland areas and related features and appurtenances,
(9) Maintenance and replacement of landscaping along and within the roads owned by the District,
(10) Ordinary maintenance of park facilities,
(11) Purchase, repair, replacement and maintenance of the vehicles, tools and equipment to support District services,
(12) Administrative services, including but not limited to staffing, consultants, legal fees and insurance
Please find below the Agenda for this Sunday, January 22nd, 2017 below.
This will be the first of three Town Hall Meetings scheduled to inform the community about the District’s Road Improvement and Operations funding measure on the May 2, 2017 ballot as Measure A. There will be time for a question and answer period following the presentation.
We are sorry for the delay, and the draft meeting minutes from December 20, 2016 are now posted on the Board meeting page for consideration at the January 17, 2017 meeting.
The full packet of agenda supporting materials has now been posted on the Board meeting page. If you choose to not download the entire packet, you can download individual agenda item files on the Board meeting page. See you there!
The Agenda has been posted for the upcoming regular board meeting of your Saddle Creek CSD. Click here to review the meeting agenda. Materials supporting the items on the agenda will be published to the website once completed. We look forward to seeing you there!
Saddle Creek Town Hall Meetings
Hosted by the Saddle Creek CSD – Click here to download the Town Hall Meeting Flyer.
Road Improvement and Operations Special Tax Election Date: May 2, 2017
Please join us for one or more informational town hall meetings regarding the proposed special tax for road improvements
All Meetings to be held at the Saddle Creek Lodge, 3:00PM—Grandview Room
Sunday, January 22nd
Tuesday, March 14th
Saturday, March 25th
These meetings will be provided for the purpose of informing the community on the use of the proposed special tax as well as to provide an opportunity for community questions and feedback.
Saddle Creek Community Services District
(Sign up for updated Frequently Asked Questions and updated information )